Tuesday, December 23, 2008

My Scarf

The temperature today is FREEZING. and so it should be on the eve of Christmas Eve. I do not love the cold, but i do find it necessary during Christmas time! the 70 degree weather this past week felt amazing,but come on, its December, i should not be able to lay out in December. However, if anyone knows me, i will lay out any chance i get! Thanks you Kenny for the song, All I Want for Christmas is a Real Good Tan. im am so seconding that right now. i am not a fan of this pastiness that is taking over. ah

Well i kind of went off on a tangent.
I was saying how cold it is today just to say that because of the coldness I am wearing a scarf! i love scarfs, this is one of the first ones i got. my brothers ex gf made one for my mom and I. (Its ok they dated back in highschool, but check her out on myspace, beautiful voice. www.myspace.com/lydiagray ) this scarf is not the typical cotton or silk kind. its woven with this crazy shag material. It consists of my favorite colors. Green, turquoise, and royal blue. Scarfs are great. They are practical as well as fashionable. so guys, do not always say that girls only get accessories for fashion. this scarf is actually quite practical on a day like this eve of Christmas Eve. Its keeping me warm! and if it looks nice, then thats icing on the cake.

ok random facts about the scarf:
1. i have had it for 9 years. wow i find it crazy that time goes by that quickly.
2. again, i love the colors: green, royal blue, turquoise.
3. its very warm
4. i have worn it a lot this winter
5. it is proof that Christmas gifts that someone makes for you are not always lame!
6. it smells like baby spit up. ( I know that is gross, but its only in one spot. you cannot wash this material. i didnt notice it until i got to work, so i will have to find the spot and hand wash it soon. but in the mean time i will be reminded of my nephew trey all day. the spit up is thanks to him! and actually i do not need help being reminded of him. he is my best friend, no for real, he is)
7. i cannot wear this scarf with orange, red, or pink.
8. it goes best with blue, green, black, white, and maybe brown could work
9. i have another one in this material that is all white.
10. my hair gets knotted at my neck where the scarf is.
11. that is annoying
12. but at least my neck is not cold.
13. i do not know how to make a scarf
14. or matching gloves or mittens or hats

alright well that is all i got. and 14 might have been stretching it, but i am ok with that

Merry eve of Christmas Eve to all!!!
and i hope you get a scarf for Christmas

1 comment:

Ginny said...

Trey is your best friend now :( haha. jk. i'll allow it.
you are hysterical.
i hope i get a scarf.