Thursday, September 04, 2008

PRAISES, ringtones, and the football season

Im amazed every day at the grace and mercy that is shown to me. I am amazed at how in less than 24 hours God can change my heart and my thoughts to those that will bring more glory to him. He shows me things and allows me do to things that are sooooooooooooo not me..thats why it amazes me.cuz i know its God in me. Kinda crazy but i love it. I pray that i experience this more and more and continue to learn about the divine man that died on the cross for me. And I absolutely cannot wait to meet him!!
With that being said I would love to sing praises to him all day...how great would it be to get some people to play guitar (i cannot) and sit around in the wonderful weather singing whatever songs come to our mind and singing them all to our Savior. those are some of the sweetest times. thanks for musically gifted friends!!

On a whole different note..but still related to music..how about Ginny's new ringback..i still find myself saying ringtone cuz that just sounds better to me..but technically its a ringback..cuz when you call her that is what rings back to you..it goes a lil something like this.."Even thought we ain't got money, Im so in love with ya honeeeyyy.." great song..oldie but goody..
haha who would have thought of the day that when you call someone on the phone you dont hear the typical ring ring but you hear a song..a song of the cell phone owner's choice that is...love it. I dont have a ringback. i used to have a ringtone but my phone was dumb so i got a new one..no new ringtone for me yet..pros and cons. pros for ringtones: you hear them when someone calls you. pros for ringbacks: the person calling you hears a song when they call you and you might pick up and catch them in the middle of singing a very off key note. cons of ringtones: the person calling you just hears the same dull ring ring ring. Cons of ringbacks: you dont get to hear a song when someone calls you.

ok and last but not least is the fact that it is football season!!!! The kickoff game for this college football season was last thursday!! Teran, JJ, Courtney, Me, Mike, Chris, and some other friends all went to Playmakers..man was that place packed out! it was so awesome..everyone was pumped and engergetic. the only negative was the parking..i parked in a half ditch by the railroad track.. it was a great time with friends, food, football. and on the way back to my car, teran and jj (a police man.haha) walked me down the darkened grassy alley beside the rusty old railroad track. i felt more safe. oh and also NCSU lost..the starting quarterback was hurt:-(

This weekend is NCSUs first home game!! im soooo excited! Tay, Ginny and I will be going.we got 3 free tickets and a parking pass..thanks morg!! We will meet up with friends to tailgate then head in to cheer on the pack..oh and we WILL be dressed in our REDS! must support the team colors. I hope the hurricane holds off! if not then i hope the weather sat night still makes for great game weather. Oh how i long to do the NC State fight song again!!! haha Its gonna be great.
So yes you read correct, Tay and Ginny will be here. That makes for an amazing long weekend! the things we must do are go to Cloos, Sushi Blues, the State game, meet up with old friends, and watch Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2, also known as YAYA pants..dont ask..haha . I've heard its not good.but its a must. We saw the first one so we must see this one. Another thing in consideration is a game night! with snacks of course..and maybe some hot cocoa, the homemade kind. Lots of fun things going on.

But in the midst of the fun..God is working in many ways, teaching, challenging, comforting, opening eyes and hearts, taking away pain and fear and anger and bitterness and doubt..and the list goes on. And this is just pure joy, to see him work in the midst of a sinful worldful of sinful people. During this week I have dealt with some hard things that I never expected to occur in my life, but God won. A good friend of mine dealt with a death in her family, but God won. Another amazing man in my life found out he has melanoma, but again God won. A great friend at my church found out her dad has melanmoa but cant get it removed til he has a stint put in his heart, God is winning this battle too. My friend saw a terrible horrific car accident, God won. My friend in Texas is dealing with depression in her friends life, yet again God is winning in this. My brother and his girlfriend have a son together that is to be born Sept 12th and God's amazing love and grace and mercy are taking control in this situation too. Over and over, time and time again, in countless and many diverse ways, ways that we never expect in our lives..God wins these battles in our lives and our hearts. All we have to do is let him fight for us. Thank You Jesus for the hope we have in you!!

Happy weekend as I will not be at work tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Ginny said...

I can make the home made hot cocoa! Love that stuff :) It makes me happy.