Monday, August 25, 2008

Aint Life Grand

God is so good. He is great. I am so thankful for all the blessing he has allowed me to have. thankful for his grace and mercy, his love, and the joy only he can give! I am thankful how he saves me every day..how he saves me from myself and my desires. Only God knows best..I dont know where i would be without that!!

This weekend i coached my U-11 girls challenge soccer team in their first ever tournament, and their first ever 3 games as a team:-) Wow let me tell you about working out the kinks...we lost every game, but we improved each game! The girls were sooooooooo thrilled and excited when they scored their first goal in the last game. We lost 3-1 but it should have been 3-2. we missed a penalty kick. Anyway God's ways are wonderful..I cant really play competitive soccer anymore because of my back..and recently bc of my knee surgery..but God has allowed me to coach for 2 years now! i love it.. my new girls are 10 and 11. They are precious!! so full of smiles and they are so excited for this new journey..a challenge team. more training, more competition, new concepts, new moves, new drills...etc etc. I love being around them..i hope to have a daughter one day..haha..sorry for the tangent. But i also love that i can share Jesus to these girls.. we have a devotional once a week. and i am excited to talk to them more and more about whatever God lays on my heart.
So I had to come up with a team name. I chose ' The United' and the verse / theme for our team is 1 Corinthians 1:10
"I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought.:
I thought this would be great for the girls especially since we are a brand new team. We can talk about being united as sisters in Christ and how having Jesus in our hearts unites us in mind and thought. Then we can relate it to being on a team, how we must be one body, united, having the same vision.
I look forward to the rest of the season with the girls. I hope to build a close relationship with each of them , teaching them about soccer and Jesus.

on another note small groups are starting back, which i am very excited about!! labor day weekend is coming up and i hope to go to the beach..maybe G and i will go to her dad's house:-)

well back to work..i hope to write more later

2 comments:

Lauren said...

That's a GREAT team name and verse to go along with it! I want to come see them play sometime. Let me know about games, ok? Love ya!

Ginny said...

Hooray, we're going to the beach! And Hooray for coaching soccer :)