Tuesday, July 29, 2008

where she stops nobody knows...

THIS WORLD IS HUGE..and so diverse..
I'm so thankful for my life, my house, my dog, my friends, my family, my job, my health, etc etc..
this is enough, more than enough. God blesses me everyday. I deserve none of it.
BUT i would love to travel more. God's creation is amazing. there are so many countries with awesome landscapes, mountains, beaches, waterfalls,...i want to see it all. I want to visit Italy, Greece, Paris, Spain. I want to learn about the cultures, the people. I think life has gotten way off track for this country. I think we are so caught up in money, things, status, our job title, big houses, expensive cars, fancy things...things we get bored of after a month of owning it. What about the simple things...the trees, the rivers, the birds, the flowers, the sand, the sunset and sunrise, the sound of waves crashing on the shore, the rain, and on and on..and all of these are different all over the world.. God has given us a whole earth to live on. And none of it is the same. That interests me. Ive seen pictures, i've seen movies...but man, to see it all with my own eyes. I would love to ride a train around Europe, by myself or with good friends, or with someone special..i would love to go place to place, taking it all in..sights, sounds, smells, meeting all the different kinds of people, learning about their lives and what they like to do ...i want to know something new, something different from what i have grown up with for 26 years. I love Raleigh, I love NC, I love the US..but there is just so much more. and not much time to experience all of it.
I just dont know how to do it.
But i do know timing is everything.

2 comments:

Lauren said...

No time like the present! Anytime you're game, let's go hop on a plane and then take a train somewhere great...Did you like the rhyming? Haha. But seriously, let's go somewhere new and exciting!

Ginny said...

I'm with Lauren, and you know I'll go with you both. Let's start planning something. We can save up for it...