Saturday, June 14, 2008

When my thoughts wander, where do they go..

Saturday June 14th.

I love the weekends. I love 'me' time. Time where i dont have to do anything. I can listen to David Crowder. Sing out loud while cleaning my house and/or baking banana bread..oh and one loaf always has chocolate chips. I love my dogs, jack and cody, bringing the ball to me every 30 min.
I love the sunshine and being able to see it out the windows, i cant see outside from my office at work. I love being able to go to the pool, for a walk, being able to read a book, write in my journal.
I love being able to watch a chic flick and do laundry. I love that i can quiet my mind. I dont think I am very good at this, but I do a better job of it on a lazy day...today is Saturday and I have the house all to myself. My mind is quiet. I wish I could do this more often and have alone time, quality time with God. I hate that I passively use the business of life as an excuse..I do not do it on purpose..i just let it happen. That is not being a soldier of the Lord. I will get conquered everyday living passively that way. God calls us to be purposeful. Going to work, watching TV, working out, shopping..those things are easily done while lacking purpose. But it doesnt have to be that way. We can do all these things for God and his glory. God is to be first on our priority list..not out of duty but out of a pure and honest response to the love we have for Jesus our Savior. We are to make disciples as we go..not every now and then while we are on our way..but instead 'while we are going' Our main purpose is to love and glorify God and to point others to him and share his love..This is a constant in our lives while the mundane details of life are things we must do as we pursue our purpose and our Savior.

I love how God gives us passions, creativity, song lyrics, poems, THE BIBLE, hymns, psalms, pens to write and computers to type our thoughts. I love that HE gives us prayer. He gives us the birds, the trees, the ocean, the sand, he gives us beautiful radiant flowers..I love how he gives us the sound and smell of rain. I love the shade the from the trees.. God is such a detailed God..He is a perfect God and a perfect maker of the whole Earth and beyond! Our culture has become so fast paced that we have covered up God's creation. We are so busy that we dont get time to see past the hussle ans see what God has given us to enjoy while we are passing through..while we are just visiting here on Earth, until..we can be forever with Him.

I dont like that i miss out on God a lot of times! I can honestly say i think about God almost all day..BUT the times that i dont, the times that i lose sight of him and eternity, are maybe some of the most vital times during my day..times that I need him to keep me from losing my temper, times when i need him to sustain me, to give me hope, to refocus my thoughts, to give me compassion when it doesnt come naturally, to remind me to do all things for him, times when i just need to stop and enjoy God and not 'do'. I miss God everyday. I often think about how i wouldnt mind if Jesus came back today..I actually hope he comes back soon. I dont want to live to be old. I know that sounds morbid. but honestly, why would i want to live here one more day when that day is keeping me from an eternity with my Father..with the I AM. Dont get me wrong, I love my life. I want to get married and have kids, grandkids. There are many places I would like to travel and explore. And yes of course, there are many souls to save. Part of me feels selfish for being excited for Jesus to come back..because there many who do not know HIM as their Savior. but when its all said and done, its fine to be ready and excited for Jesus to come back..because it will be done in the fullness of time..it will be done in His perfect timing. and that i do not have to worry about. But i do hope its soon. Many times when i am sad or have had a hard day, i just want God to hug me, to hold me. IT relaxes me and calms me and gives me hope when i think about this. i know He is my refuge hear on earth and he still holds me in his hands. But i like to imagine this is a tangible thing.. how awesome to sit in the lap of our Father! One day this will happen and I cant wait for this day.

When I quiet my mind and i forget about what i want to do today, what i need to do today. I find that this is where my mind and thoughts go..this is where my heart lies. I want to go home. This will be a glorious day. My prayer is that until then, I please my Father and that I listen to his whispers, i feel his tugs on my heart, and i respond to His Spirit within me..because I know in this, his will will be done and others will come to know him!

I love you Jesus!

please excuse the grammar and/or spelling errors

No comments: