Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Lifetime Friendships (YaYa Pants)

These are truly a gift from the Lord!! I believe God knows we need these and HE wants us to have these as we fullfill our purpose on this earth until we get to be with him, our best friend.
Dont get me wrong. Not all the friendships are for a lifetime. Some are only for a season, and these are great too. Im not dissing them at all..

I am so blessed to have several friendships that i know will be for a lifetime!! God gives us these to experience many things with..to laugh with, cry with, do nothing with, enjoy the uniqueness of one another, debate with, confide in, pray for and with, lay out with, eat ice cream with, sit in silence with, ...He gives us friends to confront us in love when needed, to teach us more about himself, to frolic on the beach, eat seafood with on the sound, take road trips with, make mix cds with, read magazines with and buy make up with (well not for the guys)
But truly when you look past all the superficial things and surfaced things, you know you have found a true friend when NO matter WHAT, that friend will be there with you..to celebrate something wonderful and exciting, to sit and hold you during a hard time or trial in your life..and most importantly, during any season of life..encourage you to see God, hear God, and grow closer to God.

But on a lighter note..i hope to continue doing fun and new things with the friends God has blessed me with! Already i have begun to travel the world with these friends..Tay and I went on a 4th of July cruise back in the day..we experienced a monsoon on a small boat while doing the conga line and we saw the mayan ruins....i cant even remember the islands we went to but i do remember they were amazing. Ginny and I spent 10 days in St John! Um this place has the most beautiful beaches i have seen..being the only person on a private beach is amazing..oh and we got to see Kenny Chesneys beach house..we went parasailing for free, the catch was that it was the boat driver's last time to take someone up before he could get certified, we were a lil nervous. We went snorkeling, the small fish liked to get under your body, right under your stomach, and swim with you, like you were their shade or something..haha

But it doesnt take traveling the world to enjoy new times with friends..every stage of life is a new time..even if its in the same city you've always lived in, the same beach house you always visit, the same coffee house you always meet at to sit, sip, chat and catch up. I hope to enjoy the simple things in life with my friends forever. The small things that God gives us and show us. Like the blooming magnolia trees, the tide, the smell of babies, a touching word from a past love one, that one yellow tank top (G you know what i mean) and a peek at a rainbow through the clouds.
.. My friends and I always say we will keep in touch and have reunions forever. We are on a good role so far..but i really really know life gets busy and can get in the way..it takes going out of your way to make a phone call sometimes, or buckling down and making the plans for a fun reunion trip..life can separate friends and they can live on opposite coasts ;-) but they can still be the best of friends..

I was inspired to write about my friends today, and how I desire to keep these intimate friendships forever...I was eating lunch at Moes..then 5 ladies walked in the door at sat at the table right next to mine..they had to be at least 60. They were celebrating Debbie's bday ( I saw the name on the card) I like to think they have been lifetime friends :-) It doesnt take anything extravagant to get together to celebrate a bday...just lunch at Moes...I'd like to do that one day with my girls .maybe when we are 60..

2 comments:

Taylor Lauren said...

This makes me smile on the inside and out:) I love the YaYa Pants like crazy!

shaebe27 said...

YAY me too!