Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Gods love

I dont even know where to begin. First of all, i feel so lucky and so blessed to be loved by the God of the nations. the God who put earth in to place, who created the beautiful sunsets and the wonderous snow storms. the God who put the power into the waves of the oceans, and the calm into the cool spring breezes. the God who alligned the stars and knows exactly how many are in the vastness of space. the God who commands the storms and the God who orchestrates the very lives that we live. the God who presents us with the greatest gift of all. salvation. and the forgivness of sins through the blood shed on the cross by his One and only son. the Son who experienced the weight of all human depravity and sin in that moment on Calvary and took the punsishment of our filthy hearts. the God who knows us each by name and knows us better than we know ourselves.
i love how Psalm 139 says it"
1 O LORD, you have searched me and you know me.
2 You know when I sit and when I rise; you perceive my thoughts from afar.
3 You discern my going out and my lying down; you are familiar with all my ways.
4 Before a word is on my tongue you know it completely, O LORD.
5 You hem me in—behind and before; you have laid your hand upon me.
6 Such knowledge is too wonderful for me, too lofty for me to attain.
7 Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?
8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, [a] you are there.
9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea,
10 even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast.
11 If I say, "Surely the darkness will hide me and the light become night around me,"
12 even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you.
13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;your works are wonderful, I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,
16 your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts, O God! How vast is the sum of them!"

God knows each and everyone of us and loves each of us the same. He has time for all of our petty worries, our cries, our petitions. We are important to him, not because He needs us, for He is God and He is Holy, He is Glory, He is I AM, yet he takes time to love us and know us. What an amazing love that is!!! I want to know it more and more everyday. i want to take time and cultivate my love with my Savior. I want to forget about my own desires, my own wants, i want to forget about mine mine mine. and give it all to Him. I want HIM to be first and foremost in my life. to be my one desire. I want my heart to be a place that is welcoming to Him, not a place full of the filth of this world. but a place that is pure and worthy of our King. I will never attain any of that to its fullest, because i am fallen. we are all fallen. but with his help we can grow each day. we can become more and more like Him. We are called to be imitators of Christ. Ephesians 5:1,2 "Be imitators of God, therefore, as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God." ...what a high calling. I want to live a life of love. I want people to see Jesus in me. I want to live in the power He has sent us out with. The power that raised Jesus from the dead on the 3rd day. The power that healed the blind, the paralyzed, the broken hearts...the power that walked on water, that fed the 5000. I dont want to be lazy and live a wasted life.

I long for the day when i will be made complete in Him. the day when i meet him face to face. my Jesus. who holds my heart.

I love the song by Mercy Me ~ Finally Home
" I'm gonna wrap my arms around my daddy's neck and tell him that I've missed him.
and tell him all about the man that i became and hope that it pleased him. there's so much i want to say. there's so much i want you to know
When i finally make it home. when i finally make it home.
Then I'll gaze upon the throne of the King frozen in my steps
and all the questions that i swore i would ask, words just won't come yet.
so amazed at what I've seen, so much more than this old mind can hold.
And the sweetest sound my ears have yet to hear voices on angels."

When we have finished the fight here. when we have told all we know of His undying, forever faithful love, when He sees fit to bring us home. that is when we will truly know God's love. when we are with Him. complete. made whole. until then I want to learn more of this love. and in this unperfect world i want other to know Gods perfect love. I pray He would use me in this.

1 comment:

Katie said...

Hi Shae! You don't know me, but I found your blog through Ginny Alley's blog... i'm one of the girls in her highschool small group that she leads. Hahaha, so sometimes i read your blog, cause i LOVE it. :) You have the greatest posts ever! But I just have to say thanks for posting this cause I needed to read that today! It's just been one of those days and I needed to hear that! So thank you very much... you never know how a random blog post can affect someone else... even someone you don't know. and I hope you don't feel like you're being stalked... haha def. not my intentions! :)